The competition of STARTUP projects among students finished at the Lutsk National Technical University. For two months, winners of different faculties and specialties have been working on the development of their unique projects and today presented their achievements.
The initiator of the competition, Associate Professor of the Department of Computer Sciences Yurii Lukianchuk, says that 70 students with 24 projects have registered to participate in the competition. The bravest and most active 32 applicants, who currently represent 12 projects, were chosen. The competition takes place within the framework of the project "Acceleration of Innovation and Entrepreneurial Excellence in Higher Education Institutions" (AccEnt Project), which is implemented within the framework of the initiative of the European Institute of Innovation and Technology for Higher Education Institutions (EIT HEI - European Institute of Innovation and Technology for Higher Education Institutions).
LNTU Rector Iryna Vakhovych congratulated the creative and courageous participants of the competition. She emphasized that such events allow young people to maximize their potential and take advantage of the chance to realize their business ideas.
The supervisor of the event was the Associate Professor of the Department of Software Engineering Olena Surynovych. Startup projects were evaluated by the panel of judges consisting of LNTU Vice-Rectors Nadiia Kovalchuk and Olena Liutak and deputy deans of faculties. The judges had to estimate the students' works according to three criteria: idea/problem, innovation and presentation.
Students presented a wide variety of creative and quite competitive ideas. Among the ideas:
- - Felem bot (Telegram bot, which makes it easier to get the schedule of classes for students and lecturers of LNTU);
- - Doggy Travel (a mobile app that allows users to plan their travel using other travellers' feedback to ensure maximum interest and the best travel experience);
- - Digital Rebuild Invest (map of land plots and infrastructure facilities in need of reconstruction);
- - ScheduleMate (web service for entrepreneurs and people looking for some services by appointment);
- - RADIUS (Café Project with improved design for accessibility and inclusion);
- - TeTheBo (automated system of testing Telegram bots, designed to facilitate and reduce the time of the testing and development process, as well as reduce the time for error analysis);
- - CotoGwa (computer programme that facilitates text refactoring and saves the user's time by eliminating the need to change the layout);
- - Learn Avenue (an online platform that compiles meaningful courses according to the user's request, a lesson plan and provides the necessary educational materials);
- - Auto-growing of microgreens (automated control system of the technological process of growing microgreens in closed soil stocks).
The "MIDON" project became the winner of the competition managed by a team of students consisting of Volodymyr Sverba, Yevhen Tsurkov and Roman Siniuk. The team proposes a specialized radio frequency spectrum emitter as a means of electronic warfare to jam navigation and information signals from unmanned aerial vehicles.
Переможцями конкурсу стала команда проекту «MIDON» у складі Володимира Сверби, Євгена Цуркова та Романа Синюка. Команда пропонує спеціалізований випромінювач спектрів радіочастот як засобу радіоелектронної боротьби для блокування сигналів навігації та передачі інформації з безпілотних літальних апаратів.